Thursday, September 15, 2011

Things That Light Me Up and How I Am Glad to Have Found Them

I read this post on www.whitehottruth.com and I can relate to what she's saying. It actually felt like serendipity. This post almost perfectly describes something I just realized 30 minutes ago.

I just came back from my usual Thursday yoga class and on my way home I realized that I was actually feeling very happy and even.. fulfilled. This is strange because since I got to Houston I have been missing home like crazy and I know that I have never really been here in my new place, my new home. I was physically here, but mentally and emotionally I was half way around the world. I have never really been present.

I know that right now I am fortunate enough to do the things I really really like doing. I am fortunate to have the time and financial freedom to do them. My husband is unfortunately the only money maker in our family. I do not like my "dependent" status in every single legal document that allows me to stay here in the USA, but that is the way it is. As of now, I cannot work or make money in any kind of way. I am legal to stay here, but I am not legal to work.

Dependent status aside, I feel so fortunate to have found the activities that I am regularly doing now. I am so blessed to have found the groups of people that share my vision and passion. I am extremely blessed to be given the opportunity to do the things I really really love doing. This is rare, I know. I don't know how long this great luck will last, but I know that I am in this fun ride now and I am going to cherish it in any possible way I can. When it ends, it ends. I am not going to fuss the things that have not happened or might not happen at all.

In Danielle LaPorte words, I have found the things that light me up. Yoga is one thing, the other one is teaching. Right now I am a volunteer tutor for ESL learners in Literacy Advance of Houston. I did my first two class and I loved them! I was anxious at first, but now I am starting to get comfortable. I am also  planning to do yoga teacher training this Fall so that I can get certified and eventually share my passion for yoga. Fingers crossed!

Writing will always be one of the greatest passions of my life. It lights me up every time, even when I do not know what I want or need to write. I am humbled to be given the opportunity to do these things and to be given the support system to do those things.

Now I know that I can take anything from here. Yoga, teaching and writing. Those three things I love. I really really love.

Quoting Danielle:
"I'd rather be fulfilled than obedient. And it turns out that when I'm fulfilled, I'm...fulfilled -- whether I'm productive or not. And that gives me plenty of energy to be more focused on what matters most, which makes me truly productive. It's a beautiful thing."
Read her full post right here: How I Kicked My Time Management Habit and Became Exceedingly More Productive, Profitable and Thrilled.


Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment