Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Jet Lag

I'm back in Jakarta for the moment. It's kind of surreal. Really. Maybe because I'm still jet lagged from the almost 24 hours flight from Houston. Or maybe, I'm really just not present that way. I would rather think it's the jet lag.

The thing about jet lag is your sleep time is off from people around you. When they're wide awake, you just want to shut your eyes and take a deep long sleep. When they're fast asleep, you wake up feeling shiny and new. Like me, now. It's 2 AM in the morning Western Indonesia Time and I don't have any desire to go back to sleep. Worse, my mind thinks I am still in Houston and hoping that my Indonesian friends are still awake and doing their activities. Hence, the signing in to twitter and YM.

Waking up at 2 AM can only mean one thing for me; melancholy. I can't help it, I'm sorry. Strangely enough, this melancholy brought me to present time. My mind wanders all the time, but in this silence, it is still. It's not where it's not suppose to be. So that is something I need to be grateful for.

Melancholy helps me write. That's what I learned over the years. It does. It brings the gentler side of me. The romantic, kindhearted, sobbing-over-someone-heartbreak's side of me. Yuck. I just vomit a bit. But still, I'm melancholic right now. And absolutely starving.


Love,

Andini

No comments:

Post a Comment