Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Back in Roatan

We came back to Roatan. This island has a magnetic charm, obviously.

It rains every single day, with no avail. And here, when it rains, it pours.

Right this very moment, invisible giant buckets are emptying their contents with pride. The Gods put some island wind also into the mixture to sway the trees. It is not raining unless everything is soaking wet. 

It also rained earlier in the day. I happily took my time walking in the rain. I wanted to dance, but it felt too much. I just skipped and hopped.

We went diving this morning before it started to rain. The boat ride to the site was choppy and the clouds were grey. It was going to rain for sure. 

We went to El Aguila. One of the most famous wrecks in all of Honduras. The massive ship was deliberately sunk, but Hurricane Mitch did all the wrecking. 

Usually a morray eel would greet divers that popped on its backyard. It is a resident of the ship and a pretty friendly host. Today it was not around. I was dissapointed, but it probably had better things to do than meeting nosy divers.

The other residents were groupers,  eels at the eel garden, puffer fish, trumpet fish, and king crabs. I had the pleasure of meeting them all. 

We came back to shore right before the rain poured. Cafe y baleada por almuerso. Perfect to fight off the cold. 

I better get back to my book now, because I am planning to take a long nap afterward, while the rain is still soaking the island. Pura vida.

No comments:

Post a Comment