Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Short Stories: Update

The deadline is getting really close. I have approximately 1 week to finish my stories and send them to the editor. He/she will then decide if I am right for the short stories project with other fellow short story writers. I am barely breathing here. 

Seriously, I am barely breathing. I have finished one story. Only one story! And right now working on my second which is actually already close to the finish line, but I can't seem to find the perfect ending. My thoughts are scattered everywhere and I feel like I'm neglecting my characters. They are standing there in the story wondering what will become of them.

It is funny how I can just write and write at one point, then just stopped. It is not that I am uninspired, because I am inspired by so many things at the moment and I want to write about them. Then I opened my laptop and found that I cannot write one beautiful, worth-reading sentence. So I re-read everything I managed to write the past week and felt like the story is lack of something. I don't know what.

I might need to take a step back and just have a relaxed attitude toward this situation, don't you think? In the end I want to write stories I like. Stories that I truly treasure, even if the publisher doesn't feel the same way. In the end, I want stories that I write with all of my heart, not just stories I had to finish because there was a deadline.

I will surely try to meet the deadline, but I do not think I want to get drown in the process. Afterall, they are my stories and it is the utmost important that I like them.


Love,

Andini

No comments:

Post a Comment