Friday, March 25, 2011

You're All I Need to Get By

Two nights ago, Jacob Lusk of American Idol season 10 (yes, I watch American Idol religiously since 2002) sang "You're All I Need to Get By".

I love that song and Jacob sang it perfectly. I do love the rendition that was sang by Jordin Sparks and Ruben Studdard more though. They sang it for American Idol finale in the year 2007.

The words of this song is sweet and uplifting. You see, I'm a sucker for things like that. So here you go, the video and lyrics.


You're All I Need to Get By
(Originally by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell of Motown Records)

You're all I need to get by.
Like the sweet morning dew, I took one look at you,
And it was plain to see,
you were my destiny. With my arms open wide,
I threw away my pride
I'll sacrifice for you
Dedicate my life to you
I will go where you lead
Always there in time of need
And when I lose my will
You'll be there to push me up the hill
There's no, no looking back for us
We got love sure 'nough, that's enough
You're all, You're All I need to get by.


You're all I need to get by.
Like an eagle protects his nest, for you I'll do my best,
Stand by you like a tree, dare anybody to try and move me
Darling in you I found
Strength where I was torn down
Don't know what's in store but together we can open any door
Just to do what's good for you and inspire you a little higher
I know you can make a man out of a soul that didn't have a goal
Cause we, we got the right foundation and with love and determination

You're all, you're all I want to strive for and do a little more
You're all, all the joys under the sun wrapped up into one
You're all, You're all I need to get by.


Have a great weekend, people!


Love,

Andini


No comments:

Post a Comment